Prashanti Cancer Care Mission
Initiatives in Cancer Education , Training and Research
Capacity Building via Education and Training
- Training of onco-clinicians in domain-specific training programs
- Establishment of the M.Ch. ( Breast Oncoplasty) Training program in association with University of East Anglia , Norwich , UK. Over 55 breast surgeons from India , Bangaldesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia , Maldives have enrolled
- Training of onco-clinicians in Molecular Oncology concepts in clinical practice
- CTCR and US National Cancer Institute co-organised the 1st ever conference and workshop themed on 'The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA)'in India. This event was attended by over 300 onco-professionals from various disciplines related to cancer research.
- In continuation of this effort ,the next TCGA workshop will be held on Sept 12-16, 2020 at IISER Pune.
Translational Cancer Research
- Establishment of Centre of Translational Research (CTCR) , a joint initiative between PCCM and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)Pune which is a premier national research institute .
- Research projects in breast cancer epidemiology, community health, novel breast imaging techniques, genetics, molecular biology, innovations in breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy, exploring Ayurvedic interventions in cancer.
- Collaborations with material scientists for better implant design for breast implants used in Breast Oncoplastic surgery.
- Research themes focused on Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) etiology which is highly prevalent cancer in Indian women.
- Establishment of TNBC cohort and biobank ( FFPE tissue bank)
- Investigation of somatic and germline mutation profiling of Indian TNBCs
- Investigation of heterogeneity and sub-types in Indian TNBCs
- Study of influence of gut microbiome on risk of hormonal breast cancers
- Establishment of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms for breast radiology research.
- Collaboration with US NCI for exploring the establishment of a Indian Cancer Genome Database .
Project related websites:
- Chaitanyanand B. Koppiker, Chintamani, Santosh Dixit; Oncoplastic Breast Surgery in India : Thinking Globally , Acting Locally. Indian Journal of Surgery , 2019, 81(2): 103-110
- Chaitanyanand B. Koppiker, Aijaz Ul Noor, Santosh Dixit, Laleh Busheri, Gautam Sharan, Upendra Dhar, Hari Kiran Allampati and Smeeta Nare ; Extreme Oncoplastic Surgery for Multifocal/Multicentric and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer , International Journal of Breast Cancer, Volume 2019, Article ID 4262589
- Chaitanyanand B. Koppiker, Aijaz Ul Noor, Santosh Dixit, Ravindra Mahajan, Gautam Sharan, Upendra Dhar, Laleh Busheri, Smeeta Nare; Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction with Autologous Lower Dermal Sling and Radiation Therapy Outcomes, Indian J Surg (2019).
- Beenu Verghese, Pooja Deshpande, Santosh Dixit, Chaitanyanand Koppiker, Neeti Jalnapurkar Primary Angiosarcoma of Breast: A Case Report, 2019 , Journal of Radiology Case Reports, 13(2):15-25 :
- Jolene Baptist, Santosh Dixit, Laleh Busheri, Lakshmi Krishnan, Rashmi Alhat, Beenu Verghese, Chaitanyanand Koppiker Evaluating the Performance of an Advanced Breast Cancer Diagnosis Unit in India ; Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development ;Year : 2017, Volume : 8, Issue : 4, 598-604
DOI : 10.5958/0976-5506.2017.00403.X
- Manali Jadhav, Lakshmi Krishnan, Santosh Dixit, Sammita Jadhav, Amol Gaikwad, LalehBusheri, BeenuVerghese, Abhijeet Patil, Chaitanyanand Koppiker; Performance of CBE and Mammography for Breast Cancer Screening in Indian Setup; Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development ;Year : 2017, Volume : 8, Issue : 4, 700-707
DOI : 10.5958/0976-5506.2017.00418.1
- SmeetaNare, Santosh Dixit, BeenuVerghese, Lakshmi Krishnan, LalehBusheri, Chetan Deshmukh, Chaitanyanand Koppiker Breast Cancer Biobank: A Novel Resource for Translational Research ; Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development ; Year : 2017, Volume : 8, Issue : 4, 1031-1040
- Telemedicine-Based Community Screening of Cervical Cancer
Krishnan Lakshmi, Bapat Anita, Sakhilkar Reshma, Raje Sachin, Gaikwad Amol, Busheri Laleh, Dixit Santosh, Koppiker C B, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development ; Volume: 8 Issue: 4 Pages: 547-553
- Laxmi Shekhawat, Santosh Dixit, Laleh Busheri, Chaula Patel, Upendra Dhar, Chaitanyanand Koppiker Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Breast Reconstruction Surgery and Therapeutic Mammoplasty: Prospective Evaluation 1 Year Post-Surgery with BREAST-Q Questionnaire Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology,